3 fast facts about receiver-in-ear (RIE) hearing aids
Hearing loss can occur slowly and naturally over time, which means it can be difficult to determine whether you are experiencing hearing loss. If you or your loved one is demonstrating signs of hearing loss, it may be time to start exploring hearing aids. Which hearing aid is right for you? It could be a receiver-in-ear (RIE) hearing aid. Let’s take a closer look at this type of hearing aid so you can make the most informed decision about your hearing health and happiness.
- RIE hearing aids are the most popular style of hearing aid.
RIE hearing aids are one of the most innovative behind-the-ear (BTE) styles of hearing aid available today. They’re also the most popular—probably because they are so discreet. RIE hearing aids typically consist of three critical components:
- A very small casing that houses electric components, including a microphone, which picks up sound waves and converts them into electrical signals. The casing rests comfortably behind the ear.
- A thin transparent tube that connects to the receiver, also known as the speaker. The tube transfers the sound waves from the microphone to the receiver, which rests in your ear canal.
- A receiver that is essentially a speaker that amplifies sounds so you can hear better. The receiver is usually attached to a small piece of plastic or silicone (known as a dome) that emits sound and secures the device to your ear at the same time.
RIE hearing aids come in standard-sized molds or can be custom-fit to the shape of your ear. Perfect for almost any type of hearing loss, these hearing aids offer exceptionally natural sound quality.
- RIE hearing aids are technologically advanced
Many RIE hearing aids are packed with special sound quality controls that improves a person’s spatial directionality, reduces wind and background noises, cancels audio feedback, features ear-to-ear volume synchronization, and adapts sounds gradually for the most natural hearing experience. All of these high-tech functionalities make RIE hearing aids a go-to solution for many people who are experiencing all types of hearing loss.
Additionally, RIE hearing aids may also feature smart technologies that connect to compatible apps on your smart phone or tablet. With the ability to stream calls, music, and directions directly from your smart device to your hearing aid, you’ll enjoy the most seamless hearing experience all day long.
- Beltone makes three different RIE hearing aid products.
- Beltone Imagine (recommended at Beltone of WNY)
Beltone Imagine is the world’s first truly tailored hearing experience. Known as a microphone and receiver-in-ear (M&RIE). This hearing aid features a microphone and receiver in ear and two directional microphones that enable better speech understanding.
- Beltone Amaze (Recommended at Beltone of WNY)
Beltone Amaze is a suitable solution for folks who are experiencing mild-to-severe hearing loss. Built to deliver clear, full, and rich sounds, Beltone Amaze is equipped with the latest and fastest micro-processing technology. The device also features a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and is compatible with the Beltone Hear Max app.
- Beltone Rely
Beltone Rely is specially engineered to help you receive a clear sound no matter where you are. Main features include:
- Better sound with less effort
- Perfect-fit design
- Long-lasting battery
- Smart technology
- Personalized settings available with app
Learn more at Beltone of WNY!
7474 Transit Rd
Williamsville, NY 14221
3860 McKinley Pkwy
Blasdell, NY 14219
166 Washington Ave
Batavia, NY 14020